Play Writing Contest 2011
Play Writing Contest 2011 Committee was Roger Delrosario, Sharon Ferguson, Jack Merelman, Walt Meyer and Ed Prendergast.
Calling all playwrights, either budding or already in bloom. The Heritage Hunt Little Theater invites you to submit an entry into its Play Writing Contest. If you’ve ever attended a Neil Simon or Arthur Miller Play and thought “I could do something like that,” then this is your time. We know creativity abounds in our community, so take pen or computer in hand, let the muses inspire you and show us what you’ve got. You don’t have to be a member of HHLT to enter and, if there is a winner, the prize is a whopping $250, plus the possibility of getting it staged/produced by HHLT.
1) Contest is open to all HH residents
2) Entries must be original and unpublished
3) Play can be in one-, two- or three-act format
4) Category is wide open–drama, comedy, musical, farce, etc
5) Entries must be typewritten, double-spaced and submitted in triplicate to the Clubhouse front desk by December 31, 2011
6) Your name and phone number must appear on a separate top sheet and nowhere else, as each entry will be assigned a number, so judges will be totally impartial in their evaluations
7) If judges determine there is a winning entry, that announcement will be made during the HHLT’s spring production.